Letting Conditions for Accomodation in The Stables Cottage and The Archway Apartment at Hall Farm, Kings Cliffe
Please read these conditions carefully
“the Accomodation” means either The Stables Cottage or the Archway Apartment at Hall Farm, King’s Cliffe, Northants
“You” and “Your” means the hirer of the Apartment who has entered into this contract and the hirer’s party
“We” and “Us” means Sarah Winfrey and Geoffrey Mason, the owners of Hall Farm, King’s Cliffe, Northants.
1. The contract for hire of the Apartment shall be between You and Us .
2. The contract for hire only becomes effective once We have received full and final payment of the hire charge plus the housekeeping and breakages fee (£100) and have sent written confirmation of the booking to You. Bookings cannot be accepted for persons under 18 years of age. Please note that reservation requests taken over the phone or via email are not confirmed bookings until we have contacted you to confirm the reservation and accepted a payment.
3. Terms stated are per week unless otherwise indicated.
4. A deposit of 25% is required to reserve the Accomodation. The balance of the hire fee must be paid not later than 6 weeks before the start of the hire of the Accomodation. A refundable £100 house keep/breakages fee needs to be sent at the same time with the Accomodation hire fee. If the full balance and house keep/breakages fee is not paid on time We reserve the right to cancel the booking, in which case We shall be entitled to damages and any other costs that We suffer. If the sum is less than or equal to the deposit We shall retain the sum owing to Us and return any balance as applicable. Payment shall be made by cheque. Debit or Credit cards cannot be accepted as a form payment. Bookings if made less than 6 weeks before the start of the Accomodation hire must be paid in full at the time of booking.
5. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
6. We reserve the right to cancel or alter arrangements made for You whether before or during the relevant visit (a) in any circumstance which arises from or is attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond the reasonable control of Us or (b) where in the reasonable opinion of Us it is necessary to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works. We shall reimburse You part of the original hire fee proportionate to the amount of days still outstanding on the hire of the Accomodation.
7. Unless otherwise stated in writing, the hire fee will include all charges for water and electricity.You must comply with the instructions found in the Accomodation regarding the appropriate use of appliances.
8. The number of persons using the property shall not exceed the number stated in the advertising information without prior arrangement with Us who reserve the right to make additional charges. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any bookings from parties that may in our opinion (and at our sole discretion) be unsuitable for the property concerned. [If You wish to hold any function or celebrations exceeding this limit You must first obtain our written permission. If permission is granted, an additional charge may be levied.]
9. The Accomodation shall be for family use only, not for youth groups or other groups or student parties. [Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the Accomodation is not permitted.]
10. These conditions are personal to You during the hire period, and not for any other purpose or longer period.
11. We reserve the right to ask You to leave the property (without compensation being payable toYou) if this is deemed necessary by Us where if there is a serious breach by You of these conditions, or Your behaviour is such as to endanger the safety of others. If any complaints are made of anti-social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed We shall give You an opportunity to rectify the breach and failure to do so shall entitle Us to terminate the booking and require You to immediately vacate the Accomodation.
12. We may be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during occupancy save in emergency when immediate access must be granted.
13. No pets are allowed inside the Accomodation.
14. In addition to the hire fee We will require a refundable security deposit that may be used to cover the cost of breakages or extra cleaning if required. This deposit will be refunded after You have vacated the Accomodation and sent to You minus any damage or breakages costs once the Accomodation has been checked. It is Your responsibility to ensure that the Accomodation, furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects are left in the same state of cleanliness and order as was found at the start of the hire period. We reserve the right to make a charge for any extra cleaning necessary as a result of failure to comply. We will deduct the cost of extra cleaning and/or breakages from this amount and forward the balance to You. . You shall be liable for and indemnify Us against any liabilities, damages, claims, costs, losses (whether direct or indirect and including loss of profits) and expenses incurred or paid by Us which arise from any breach by You of Your obligations under this contract or from Your negligence or wilful default arising from Your use or occupation of the Accomodation.
15. You must not use the Accomodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours.
16. You must comply with any reasonable regulations relating to the Accomodation of which You have written notice. Such regulations will be found in the welcome folder in the Accomodation, typical examples would include any local conditions regarding parking, waste disposal, recycling and so on.
17. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Accomodation and You undertake not to smoke inside the Accomodation or on the Hall Farm property.
18. Except as indicated below, We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any belongings, or for injury sustained by You during Your stay at the Accomodation. We exclude liability for loss or damage to any belongings, or for death or injury sustained by You during Your stay at the Accomodation except to the extent that such injury or loss or damage to any belongings is caused by the negligence or default or breach of any duty by Us.
19. Arrival and Departure Times
Adherence to the arrival and departure times forms part of these conditions and any stay that extends over this period will be subject to a charge being made for additional days. Arrival time is after 3.30pm on the first day of the Accomodation hire or by an alternative time mutually agreed by You and Us. Departure time is by 10.30am on the last day of the Accomodation hire.
20. You will be issued with a set of keys to the Apartment on the first day of the hire period and You must return them as instructed on the last day of the hire period or the date of departure, if earlier. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
21. The use of the Accomodation and amenities, where offered, such as river swimming, trampolines etc. is entirely at the user's risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to Your personal belongings. Children should be supervised by an adult while on the premises. For safety reasons You are not allowed to go into any fields or stables containing horses and ponies.
22. Please check all details upon receipt of the deposit or balance confirmation letters to ensure that they are correct as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
23. In the event that there is reason to be dissatisfied with the Accomodation please contact Us immediately so that an investigation can be carried out and remedial action taken as necessary. Under no circumstances will complaints be dealt with if received after the hire period has ended.
24. We take every care to ensure the accuracy of the property description. All information is given in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of going to press, but We cannot be held responsible for changes beyond our control that may become known after publication of this information.
25. These conditions relate to the hire period and are not intended to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between You and Us. You shall not be entitled to a tenancy, or to any assured short-hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure.
26. In order to process a booking We require certain personal details from you, for example names and addresses of all members of Your party, payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability, allergy or medical condition that may affect any member of Your party.
If you have cause to cancel, change the dates or cut short the Apartment hire then please notify Us immediately by telephone and then in writing.
All reservation deposits paid to Us are non-returnable and You will be liable for the full cost of the Accomodation hire if a cancellation or alteration occurs UNLESS We are notified as follows:
A): Up to 4 weeks before the start of the Accomodation hire, in which case You will forfeit the deposit only.
B): Less than 4 weeks before the start of the Accomodation hire and it is possible for Us to re-let the Accomodation, in which case the deposit will be forfeited. The balance will be returned to You. If the Accomodation is not re-let You will forfeit the full cost of the Accomodation hire.
It is recommended that You are covered by Personal Holiday Insurance.
The construction, validity and performance of these booking conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
I agree in hiring the Accomodation to abide by the terms and conditions set out above.
When booking the Accomodation please read the Booking Form and the
Letting Conditions. Please return a signed copy of the Booking Form with your deposit (or full payment), and when staying over a week, also returned a signed copy of the Letting Conditions. Thank you.
Hall Farm Booking Form
Click here to download the Hall Farm Booking Form
Click here to download a copy of the Letting Conditions